Sunday, January 11, 2015

Butterfly Cards






The Blue Butterfly Card was made for my mom's group gift card for her 60th Birthday Party last night.

My mom's favourite colour is blue, she loves butterflies and when I saw this sketch this card popped into my head.

I used Graphic 45 Botanical Tea 6 x 6 Paper Pad with Close to My Heart Bamboo cardstock.

I used Stampin' Up's 2001 Butterfly stamp, CTMH's Your Own Kind of Wonderful (happy birthday) stamp set and Lili of the Valley Sentiment stamp for the inside sentiment with CTMH Desert Sand ink & CTMH Sponge Dauber for distressing.

I made the second card because when I was making my mom's card in my very clean scrap space...NOT...I lost the butterfly image. When I was cleaning up, I found it and decided to make another card instead of recycling it.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness! Love how the butterfly goes "off the page," the placement of your sentiment and the fabulous polka dots!!! CAS perfection!
    Too cold to ski, watcha doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards, looks like a great 'go to' sketch to keep on hand as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy looking cards! Great job with the sketch! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Donna. Love how the butterfly looks against the neutral colours. So petty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of cards! The neutral backgrounds set off your colors and design perfectly! Thanks forjoining no us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete