Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Turkey Treat Tube





Yes, I am a bit obsessed with Close to My Heart's Clear Treat Tubes.

I still have 2 or 3 more ideas that I want to play around with.

This one was a lot of fun. The plumage of the turkey is my son's hand print and I wanted something "Thanksgivingy" to put in the treat tube. I had no idea what to use until I walked around the Bulk Zone and saw the multi-coloured popcorn seeds.

You can ask my husband how excited I was when I found the popcorn seeds. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Due to my concussion, I did pay for that walk physically, but mentally I was on Cloud Nine!

I used Close to My Heart's Pathfinding Paper Packet with CTMH Barn Red, Goldrush, Olive and Chocolate cardstocks.

I used my treat tube box template from an old CTMH Promotional Kit to make the treat tube box.

To embellish the treat tube and box, I used CTMH's Triangle Studs for the beak, googly eyes from my stash, circle nestabilities for the circle cut-outs, CTMH Art Philosophy for the leaf die-cuts and my soon to be 3 year old son's hand for the plumage.

I used the following CTMH stamp sets: Holiday Tags for the "Happy", Thanksgiving Wreath - Hostess Rewards for the "THANKS" and "giving", Perfect Fit - Thanksgiving for the "Thankful", Pathfinding Cardmaking Workshop for the "for", Scroll Album Workshop for the "Family" (discontinued), Notice the Details for the "Little Moments" (discontinued), Doodle Signs - Hostess Rewards for the "friends" (discontinued), Confetti Wishes Scrapbooking Workshop for the dots on the leaves and Pathfinding Scrapbooking Workshop for the subtle background on each Goldrush Square.

I used CTMH's Barn Red ink for all the words, Olive ink on the Olive cardstock leaves, Chocolate ink on the Chocolate cardstock leaves and Canary ink for the subtle background on all the Goldrush Squares.

I did want to also use my daughter's hand print, but she is 16 and her hand print is way too big for this size of treat tube. We did try.

No comments:

Post a Comment