Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Live for Today - Colour Challenge Card


I decided to participate in Color My Heart's - Color Dare #96 - CTMH Creme Brulee, Crystal Blue, Sorbet (Optional: Juniper & Sky and Balloon Ride Paper Packet).

I used CTMH's Balloon Ride Paper Packet with CTMH Sorbet, Creme Brulee and Colonial White cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used Butterfuly die-cuts from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Bow die-cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge, CTMH's Scalloped Border Punch, CTMH Watercolor Pencils, a CTMH Sponge, a Basic Gray brad and my sewing machine with thread from Fabricland.

The CTMH Quick Cards - Japanese Blossom stamp was coloured with the CTMH Watercolor Pencils and brushed over with a water blending pen. I also sponged it with Sorbet & Champagne inks. I used CTMH's In the Background stamp set to stamp the butterflies and the inside of the card corners with Sorbet ink and CTMH's Joyful Birthday stamp set for the inside sentiment with Sorbet ink. The Colonial White cardstock on the inside of the card was also sponged with CTMH's Sorbet and Champagne inks.

The photo of this card isn't all that great due to our 3rd day of rain. I had to work with inside lighting.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, love the bright colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...lots of great details all working great together! Nice card. Thanks for playing with us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card--I love the way you tilted the Island Flower stamp and gave it a pretty paper bow. Thank for playing along with us at the Color Dare--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you layered the different patterns and textures together to make such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete